Travelers to Menemsha will find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting.
- There are 214 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Menemsha
Places to visit in the larger region include Menemsha Beach, Lucy Vincent Beach, and Gay Head Lighthouse. In the area, you'll also find Aquinnah Cliffs and Polly Hill Arboretum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Menemsha, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Menemsha Inn & Cottages is located in central Menemsha. This 3-star inn in Chilmark features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Falmouth Inn is 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from central Menemsha. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Falmouth can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
- Kelley House is located 16 mi (25.8 km) from the heart of Menemsha. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Edgartown can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
Dressing for Menemsha
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Menemsha gets about 45.16 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F