Visiting Martha's Vineyard
Travelers to Martha's Vineyard give high marks for the array of wineries, bustling port, and shopping. Scenic and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. A top sight in the area is Old Silver Beach.
- There are 348 hotels and other accommodations in Martha's Vineyard
- The closest major airport is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Martha's Vineyard
Cultural venues in the city include Martha's Vineyard Museum, Martha's Vineyard Film Center, and Cottage Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Edgartown Lighthouse, Old Whaling Church, and Trinity Park Tabernacle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Katama Beach, South Beach, and Inkwell Beach.
In Martha's Vineyard, you'll find 348 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Christopher - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Madison Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this guesthouse. This 2.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, a snack bar/deli, and a library.
- The Lightkeepers Inn - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
A top sight outside the city is Old Silver Beach, located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Martha's Vineyard
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- Martha's Vineyard gets about 45.16 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F