Visiting College Park
Families will find kid-friendly activities in College Park, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and college vibe. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and cafés. Top sights around the area include Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and State Farm Arena.
- You'll find 839 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in College Park
Favorite places to visit in the city include Charles E. Phillips Esquire Park, College Park Golf Course, and Richard D. Zupp Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barrett Park and Clinical Skills Evaluation Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in College Park. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with an in-room deep soaking tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to the airport.
- Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Atlanta Airport Gateway - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Zoo Atlanta, located 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center, and Centennial Olympic Park, which is 9.2 mi/14.8 km away.
Getting Around College Park
Local metro stations include Airport Station and College Park Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for College Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- College Park gets about 49.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F