Visitors can enjoy all that Riverdale has to offer including the parks and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and State Farm Arena.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Riverdale
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Riverdale
A favorite place to visit in the city is Creel Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Zoo Atlanta and Centennial Olympic Park.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
Outside the city, popular places to see include State Farm Arena, located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Georgia Aquarium, which is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away.
Dressing for Riverdale
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 49.72 inches of rain falls on Riverdale each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 36°F