History buffs will enjoy exploring Cottonwood, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its riverfront, cafés, and wineries. Montezuma Castle National Monument, Bell Rock, and Chapel of the Holy Cross are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 427 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sedona
- The closest major airport is in Cottonwood, AZ (CTW), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sedona, AZ (SDX), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cottonwood
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Historic Old Town Cottonwood. The city's riverfront and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Dead Horse Ranch State Park. Wine tasting, horseback riding, and taking local tours are top activities, while sights to visit include The Wine Cellar and Alcantara Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Cottonwood. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Tavern Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- The Iron Horse Inn - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center.
- Verde Valley RV & Camping Resort, a Thousand Trails Property - With a stay at this 3-star campground, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Montezuma Castle National Monument, 14.3 mi/23 km from the city center, and Bell Rock, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Dressing for Cottonwood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 99°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 100°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.71 inches of rain falls on Cottonwood each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F