Visitors to Douglas are sure to enjoy the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries, art, and sightseeing tours.
- You'll find 265 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Holland
- The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Douglas
The city's cultural venues include Water Street Gallery and Button-Petter Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Beery Field and Wade's Bayou Memorial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society and Saugatuck Brewing Company.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Douglas. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Pines Motorlodge - Our customers like the clean, comfortable rooms and bed quality at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Blue Star Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Douglas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Douglas is 36.73 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F