Visitors can enjoy all that Keene has to offer including the mountain views, lakeside setting, and university setting. This city also attracts tourists with its tucked away and relaxing setting.
- You'll find 149 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Placid
- The closest major airport is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saranac Lake, NY (SLK-Adirondack Regional), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Keene
A favorite place to visit in the city is Hulls Falls. In the area, you'll also find Mount Van Hoevenberg Cross Country Ski Area and Cascade Cross Country Ski Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Keene. Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bark Eater Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Dressing for Keene
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 43°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.48 inches of rain falls on Keene each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°F