Families will find kid-friendly activities in Elizabethtown, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and shopping. A top sight in the area is United States Bullion Depository.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodations in Elizabethtown
- The closest major airport is in Louisville, KY (SDF-Louisville Intl.), 33.8 mi (54.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Louisville, KY (LOU-Bowman Field), 37.2 mi (59.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elizabethtown
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Bourbon Heritage Center, Bardstown Civil War Museum, and Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historical Park, My Old Kentucky Home State Park, and The Cannonball. The city's natural beauty is on display at Elizabethtown City Park, Elizabethtown Nature Park, and Elizabethtown Sports Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Elizabethtown. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bourbon Manor Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Talbott Inn - Our customers like the bar and central location at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Bardstown - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include United States Bullion Depository, located 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center, and Maker's Mark Distillery, which is 28.8 mi/46.3 km away.
Dressing for Elizabethtown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Elizabethtown gets about 46.73 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F