Visiting Fort Erie
Visitors to Fort Erie are sure to enjoy the waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and waterfront. Niagara Falls State Park, Horseshoe Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 472 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Niagara Falls, Canada
- The closest major airport is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Erie
Favorite places to visit in the city include Peace Bridge, Fort Erie Race Track and Slots, and Bridgewater Country Club. In the area, you'll also find Niagara Falls State Park and Horseshoe Falls.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fort Erie. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Centre - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Haven Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Bridal Veil Falls, located 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city center, and American Falls, which is 15.1 mi/24.3 km away.
Dressing for Fort Erie
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Fort Erie gets about 40.47 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 19°F