Visiting Franklin Park
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Franklin Park, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, waterfront, and art. Around the area, top sights include Wrigley Field, Willis Tower, and Skydeck Ledge.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Franklin Park
Wrigley Field, Willis Tower, and Skydeck Ledge are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find John Hancock Center and Millennium Park.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Regal Inn - Chicago O'Hare Airport - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and comfortable beds.
Top places to see in the area include McCormick Place, 14.5 mi/23.3 km from the heart of the city, and Brookfield Zoo, which is 7 mi (11.2 km) away.
Getting Around Franklin Park
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Franklin Park Station or Franklin Park Belmont Ave Station. Franklin Park might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Franklin Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Franklin Park gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F