Visitors to Canandaigua are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and live music. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, monuments, and wineries. A top sight in the area is Genesee River's High Falls.
- You'll find 131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rochester
- The closest major airport is in Rochester, NY (ROC-Greater Rochester Intl.), 26.4 mi (42.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Canandaigua
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Ontario County Historical Society, CMAC Performing Arts Center, and Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Kershaw Park and Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Canandaigua City Pier and Wilhelmus Estate Winery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Canandaigua. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Chalet of Canandaigua - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Onanda by the Lake - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bed and Breakfast at Oliver Phelps - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Canandaigua
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Canandaigua gets about 32.28 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F