Visitors can enjoy all that Hayes has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Colonial Williamsburg, and Lee Hall Mansion are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Hayes
- The closest major airport is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 31.1 mi (50 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hayes
Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Colonial Williamsburg, and Lee Hall Mansion are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Water Country USA and Governor's Palace.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Tidewater Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Virginia Living Museum, located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Mariner's Museum, which is 16.6 mi/26.8 km away.
Dressing for Hayes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 32°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.47 inches of rain falls on Hayes each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F