Families and history buffs enjoy visiting Gloucester though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and art. Top sights around the area include Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Water Country USA.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Gloucester
- The closest major airport is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 43.7 mi (70.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gloucester
The city's cultural venues include Gloucester Museum of History and Rosewell Ruins. Additionally, in the area you'll find Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Gloucester. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Gloucester - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quality Inn Gloucester - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit in the area include Water Country USA, located 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Governor's Palace, which is 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away.
Dressing for Gloucester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Gloucester gets about 46.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F