Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Chesapeake, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Children's Museum of Virginia, Nauticus National Maritime Center, and Moses Myers House.
- You'll find 862 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Norfolk - Virginia Beach
- The closest major airport is in Norfolk, VA (ORF-Norfolk Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chesapeake
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Greenbrier Mall and Chesapeake Square Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oak Grove Lake Park and Cahoon Plantation Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Chesapeake. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Chesapeake Greenbrier - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites By Marriott Chesapeake - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Chesapeake - This 3-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit in the area include Children's Museum of Virginia, 4.7 mi/7.6 km from the heart of the city, and Nauticus National Maritime Center, which is 5.5 mi (8.8 km) away.
Dressing for Chesapeake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- About 46.54 inches of rain falls on Chesapeake each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F