Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cornelius, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting and shopping. Top sights around the area include Charlotte Motor Speedway, Bank of America Stadium, and Spectrum Center.
- You'll find 562 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 11.5 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cornelius
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Jetton Park and Lake Norman. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Norman Visitors Center and Raceworld USA.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Cornelius. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Charlotte North / Lake Norman - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Norman - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Clarion Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to see around the area include Charlotte Motor Speedway, located 14 mi (22.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Bank of America Stadium, which is 17.2 mi/27.7 km away.
Dressing for Cornelius
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cornelius is 45.87 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F