Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hurst, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, entertainment choices, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, AT&T Stadium, and Six Flags Over Texas.
- You'll find 240 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Worth
- The closest major airport is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hurst
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and North East Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Tarrant County Junior College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are NRH2O Family Water Park and Chisholm Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hurst. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-DFW ARPT W-SH 183 Hurst - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW West - Hurst - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city center, and AT&T Stadium, which is 7.2 mi/11.6 km away.
Getting Around Hurst
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hurst-Bell Station. Hurst might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hurst
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 36.22 inches of rain falls on Hurst each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F