History buffs will enjoy exploring Inverness, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, riverfront, and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 237 hotels and other accommodations in Inverness
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Inverness
Cultural venues in the city include Inverness Museum and Art Gallery, Eden Court Theatre, and Loch Ness 2000 Exhibition Centre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Culloden Battlefield and Urquhart Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Bellfield Park, Loch Ness, and Moray Firth.
In Inverness, you'll find 237 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Highland Bear Lodge - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ailigean B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Daviot Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Inverness
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Inverness Station. Inverness might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Inverness
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Inverness gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F