Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Ixtapa, which is also known for its live music and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include La Ropa Beach and Potosi Refuge.
- You'll find 202 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- The closest major airport is in Ixtapa, Guerrero (ZIH-Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ixtapa
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including El Palmar Beach, Vista Hermosa Beach, and Quieta Beach. Top activities include biking and surfing, while Cocodrilario is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Magic World Aquapark and Ixtapa Golf Course.
In Ixtapa, you'll be able to select from 99 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private plunge pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Azul Ixtapa Grand All Inclusive Suites & Spa - Our customers like the comfortable beds and overall condition at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private spa tub.
- Pacífica Resort Ixtapa - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Popular places to visit outside the city include La Ropa Beach, 4.1 mi/6.6 km from the heart of the city, and Potosi Refuge, which is 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away.
Dressing for Ixtapa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- About 58.11 inches of rain falls on Ixtapa each year
- Usually August and June are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas March and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F