Jacksonville Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 28 inexpensive motels in Jacksonville among more than 1092 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Jacksonville has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Jacksonville Landing, Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, and Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was coined in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of our customers' best-rated Jacksonville motels to select from:
Tricove Inn & Suites
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of St. Johns Town Center and Museum of Science and History.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a quick 2-minute drive of River City Market Place.
APM Inn & Suites
- Enjoy access to the casino, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra.
Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park
- It's located within a short 7-minute drive of Jacksonville Naval Air Station.
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Museum of Science and History.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour room service, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Things to Do in Jacksonville
Check out the area's lively festivals and entertainment choices while you're sightseeing. Visitors to Jacksonville love its shops, live music, and beaches.
Here are some popular places:
- Jacksonville Landing
- Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- Big Talbot Island State Park
- Metropolitan Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Adventure Landing
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery
- Alexander Brest Planetarium
Best Time to Visit Jacksonville
Determine the optimal time to visit Jacksonville by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 76° F and nighttime temperatures average 45° F
- April-June: 91° F is the daytime average and 56° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 92° F and nighttime averages are around 69° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 84° F during the day and 45° F at night
- Average rainfall is 49.25 inches in a year
How to Get to Jacksonville and Around the Area
|Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig) ||Airport ||8.5 mi (13.8 km) |
|Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.) ||Airport ||11.6 mi (18.6 km) |
|St. Augustine, FL (UST-Northeast Florida Regional) ||Airport ||31.2 mi (50.2 km) |
|Jacksonville Station ||Train Station ||4.8 mi (7.7 km) |