Visiting Jefferson City
Visitors can enjoy all that Jefferson City has to offer including its golf courses. There are 1343 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 36 mi (58 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Jefferson City
Places to visit in the larger region include Millstone Golf Club, Panther Creek State Park, and Great Smoky Mountains Expo Center. You'll also find Smokies Stadium and Mountain Cove Marina in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Jefferson City, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Park Tower Inn is 22.3 mi (36 km) from the center of Jefferson City. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Pigeon Forge can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Dollywood's DreamMore Resort is 21 mi (33.8 km) from central Jefferson City. This 4-star resort in Pigeon Forge features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wilderness at the Smokies - Stone Hill Lodge is located 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the heart of Jefferson City. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Sevierville can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a free water park, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Jefferson City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 44.29 inches of rain falls on Jefferson City each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 30°F