Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Morristown, which is also known for its university setting and waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views.
- There are 138 hotels and other accommodations in Morristown
- The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 48.1 mi (77.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 52.5 mi (84.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Morristown
Cultural venues in the city include Dickson-Williams Mansion, City Garage Car Museum, and Andrew Johnson National Historic Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Cherokee Reservoir, Norris Lake, and Rogersville City Park. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Millstone Golf Club, Dandridge Golf & Country Club, and Patriot Hills Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
In Morristown, you'll find 138 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Newport, TN - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hampton Inn Morristown - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Morristown, I-81 - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Sevierville Convention Center, located 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center, and Tanger Outlets, which is 30.5 mi (49.2 km) away.
Dressing for Morristown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Morristown is 44.29 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F