Visiting Pigeon Forge
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Pigeon Forge, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, entertainment choices, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theme park, riverfront, and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Dollywood and Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies.
- You'll find 3804 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gatlinburg - Pigeon Forge
- The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pigeon Forge
Cultural venues in the city include Smoky Mountain Car Museum, Pigeon Forge Gem Mine, and The Comedy Barn Theater. Families come for attractions such as Dollywood, Xtreme Racing Center, and Professor Hacker's Lost Treasure Golf. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Pigeon Forge Factory Outlet Mall and Pigeon River Crossing.
In Pigeon Forge, you'll find 714 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn at Christmas Place - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Pigeon Forge - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Clarion Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a free water park and a water park, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, located 6.2 mi (10.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Pigeon Forge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Pigeon Forge gets about 45.08 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F