What worked for our stay:
- Complimentary English muffin, half stick butter, and eggs in fridge upon arrival
- Complimentary bottle of red wine
- Fully stocked kitchen in terms of spices, utensils, dish towels, dishwashing pods, cookware, dinnerware, extra paper towels (which proved very useful with younger kids in tow)
- Soap for washing hands and dishes, shampoo & conditioner, & towels included, if needed
- Beautifully maintained rooms
- Gorgeous surroundings- lake was crystal clear!
- Explicit instructions/details left throughout cottage
- Access to various apps on TV
- Immediate booking-information pertaining to stay provided by the host
What did not work for our stay:
- Green water in hot tub. We even left the lid off for a half hour at the suggestion of the property owner to no avail. It was maintained by the host that the water was fine, even though it was clearly green, as per several pictures taken. The water remained green throughout our stay, even with jets running for extended period of time to see if that might help. The host noted a new spa mixture that might have made it a bit foamy but foam was not an issue during our stay. We consider ourselves to be “low maintenance” people or at least try, as we do not like to complain or make a fuss and do not seek much in terms of material things, but the discoloration of the green water was not appealing.
- The well water coming out of faucets (in kitchen and bathroom/shower) may be fine to consume, as insisted by the host, but it had a very strong sulfuric smell which was incredibly potent. We dealt with the smell as people who looked beyond it at the magical beauty of the well-maintained property and surroundings, but the smell was honestly very pungent.
- There is unfortunately a house being built on neighboring property, closer to the lakeside, which is in the direct line of sight of the Lily Pad’s property, removing what seemed like at one time a more private experience. Note: There is also another small house/cottage that sits directly to the left of the Lily Pad’s property. Didn’t bother us but it was not visible in the pictures posted on VRBO, so thought it should be mentioned, as this also reduces privacy/seclusion.