Visiting Myrtle Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Myrtle Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses, and entertainment choices. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its shopping, seafood restaurants, and aquarium. Top sights in the city include SkyWheel Myrtle Beach, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, and Broadway at the Beach.
- There are 5910 hotels and other accommodations in Myrtle Beach
- The closest major airport is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Myrtle Beach
Cultural venues in the city include The Carolina Opry, Alabama Theatre, and House of Blues Myrtle Beach. Families come for attractions such as SkyWheel Myrtle Beach, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, and Ripley's Aquarium. The city is notable for landmarks like Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Atalaya Castle, and Hopsewee Plantation.
In Myrtle Beach, you'll find 5910 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ocean 22 By Hilton Grand Vacations - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area, SC - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- North Beach Plantation - This 4-star hotel in Windy Hill features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Other favorite sights in Myrtle Beach include Broadway at the Beach, The Market Common, and Barefoot Landing. A top sight in the surrounding area is Ocean Isle Beach, located 29.5 mi (47.4 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Myrtle Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Myrtle Beach gets about 51.34 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F