Visitors to Shawnee are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Kansas Speedway, Legends Outlets Kansas City, and Argentine Carnegie Library are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 135 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kansas City
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 19.8 mi (31.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shawnee
Favorite places to visit in the city include Mid-America Sports Complex, Tomahawk Hills Golf Course, and Johnson County Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Medicine's Hall of Fame and Museum and Wonderscope Children's Museum of Kansas City.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Shawnee. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Shawnee - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shawnee-Kansas City West - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Kansas Speedway, located 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center, and Legends Outlets Kansas City, which is 7.6 mi (12.2 km) away.
Dressing for Shawnee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.06 inches of rain falls on Shawnee each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F