Visitors can enjoy all that Markleeville has to offer including the ski areas, lakeside setting, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its art. Top sights around the area include Kirkwood Mountain Resort and Heavenly Ski Resort.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Markleeville
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Markleeville
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Kirkwood Mountain Resort and Heavenly Ski Resort. In the area, you'll also find Adventure Mountain and Tahoe Paradise Golf Course.
As you start planning for your getaway to Markleeville, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 1577 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Tahoe Hiking, Fishing, & Relaxing Sierra Mountain Getaway + Family Friendly is 4 mi (6.5 km) from central Markleeville. This 3.5-star hotel in Stateline features a casino, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
- Cozy Cabin In The Center Of Markleeville is 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the center of Markleeville. This 3.5-star resort in South Lake Tahoe features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
- In the Quaint Town of Markleeville. Close to Tahoe, Kirkwood, & Heavenly is located 5.1 mi (8.1 km) from the heart of Markleeville. This 4-star resort in Stateline features a full-service spa, a casino, and 5 restaurants. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to public transit.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Stewart Indian School, located 25.5 mi (41.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Markleeville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.35 inches of rain falls on Markleeville each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F