History buffs will enjoy exploring Merida, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its theaters and entertainment choices.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Merida
- The closest major airport is in Badajoz (BJZ-Talavera La Real), 25.5 mi (41.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Merida
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Museum of Visigothic Art, Alcazaba, and National Museum of Roman Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Temple of Diana, Arco de Trajano, and Portico del Foro. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza de Espana and Puente Romano.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Merida. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Apartamento Turístico Casa Museo - Located in Merida Old Town, this 3.5-star apartment features free WiFi, a balcony, and a washer/dryer. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and local sightseeing.
- RSI Apartamentos - Our customers like the convenient parking and walkable location at this apartment. This 4-star apartment in Merida Old Town features free WiFi, a rooftop terrace, and a 24-hour front desk.
- CAPITOLIO Apartamentos Turísticos - This 3.5-star apartment in Merida Old Town features free WiFi, a rooftop terrace, and parking. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Getting Around Merida
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mérida Station. Merida might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Merida
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Merida gets about 19.61 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F