Visitors can enjoy all that Minsk has to offer including the museums, cafés, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, art, and churches. Top sights in the city include Victory Square, Palace of the Republic, and Museum of the Great Patriotic War.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodations in Minsk
- The closest major airport is in Minsk (MSQ-Minsk Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Minsk
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of the Great Patriotic War, Belarusian State Circus, and The National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus. Attractions like Dreamland Amusement Park and Waterpark Lebyazhy are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Victory Square, Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, and Church of Saints Simon and Helena.
In Minsk, there are 81 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minsk - This 4.5-star hotel in Tsentralny District features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and room size.
- VIP Apartment Minsk - Our customers love the central location and WiFi at this apartment. This 5-star apartment in Leninsky District features free WiFi and free parking.
- Aqua-Minsk Hotel - Guests who stay at this 2-star apartment in Tsentralny District can enjoy access to a free water park and a water park, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its helpful staff and high-quality beds.
Other top sights in Minsk include Palace of the Republic and Island of Tears.
Getting Around Minsk
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Minsk Station. Minsk might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Minsk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Minsk gets about 23.43 inches of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 12°F