Set in the majestic Manti-La Sal National Forest and central among 12 state and national parks. This aspen surrounded oasis is beautiful. It’s located 40 minutes up the mountain road north of Blanding, UT.
The Pavilion has a large grill & kitchen with seating for large groups up to 75 people (overnight guest capacity up to 45) and a restroom area with 2 private stalls, shower, and vanity area.
Included with the rental of the Pavilion are 2 Small Bunk Cabins that can sleep up to 6 people each (2 adults 4 children).
There are also 8 Tent & 2 RV sites near the pavilion (no sewer, water, or power hook-ups).
Lake Rental subject to availability.
* 26’X17’ (442 sq. ft.)
* Commercial gas range with flat grill area and 6 burners, 1 large oven, and 1 small oven.
* 7 picnic tables that seat 8-10 people each
* Dry Ice Chest for storing cold food (dry ice is not included and are inside measurements 21” square & 27” deep)
Freezing with dry ice: Effective freezing time for 5 lbs. is 18 hours, 10 lbs. is 24 hours, 15 lbs. is 36 hours, and 20 lbs. is 48 hours. Hints for using dry ice: Place dry ice in the bottom of the cooler and cover with regular ice or insulating material. Place food on top. Do not allow direct contact with food, glass, or yourself.
* There is no refrigerator but a dry ice chest is available (dry ice is not included).
* Bathroom (toilet tissue & soap) with 1 shower, 2 private toilet stalls, and vanity area.
* Bring your own cooking and serving supplies, they are not provided.
* Kitchen sink and drainboard (dish soap, dishcloths, dish towels & hot pads)
* One 8' banquet table for food preparation and serving
* Outdoor fire pit with benches (wood included)
* Pot-Belly wood-burning stove for heat (wood included)
* Bring lanterns or flashlights to use after dark.
~2 Small Bunk Cabins~
* Bring your own bedding
* Room measures 12’ X 12’
*Each cabin includes a double bed
*2 plywood planks forming a bunk bed area that is large enough to sleep up to 4 kids. Planks measure 3’ x 11’.
* No electricity in these cabins
* 8 tent sites near the pavilion
* 2 RV parking sites (no sewer, water, or power hook-ups)
~Lake area~ (Subject to availability)
* Bring your own life jackets. There are no lifeguards. You are responsible for your own safety.
* The lake is stocked with fish. Catch and release fishing only, with barbless hooks, is permitted.
* 2 paddle boats for your enjoyment
* Horseshoe pit area in the trees between the road and the bank of the lake.
* Wood (woodpile located by the pavilion) and propane is provided.
* There is no landline phone and limited cell phone service. Sometimes you can get a signal (Verizon wireless coverage is best for reception).
* The nearest town with stores is 40 minutes off the mountain road. Bring your own food and supplies, including paper towels.
* Electricity for the Camp Jackson property is run by a hydro-electric system which is limited. There is plenty of power for lighting and basic power usage but please be mindful of your power consumption. Heavy power users such as curling irons, blow dryers, electric griddles, etc. use a lot of electricity and may not work. Please do not use them excessively.
* Garbage bags are provided. Tie garbage bags tightly to reduce odor and to keep animals away. Place bags in a caged area in the trailer by the p and coolers can be kept in the restroom area of the pavilion at night. * Pets- You may bring pets, but please keep them outside of cabins unless you put them in a carrier. Clean up your pet's waste appropriately. There is no charge for outside pets but you will be fined and charged if pets are brought indoors (see our policy page for more info). * The water in the lake is cold and deep. Fishing is allowed to catch and release only. Please pinch the barbs on the hooks so the hooks can be removed without injuring the fish. ALWAYS remember to use life jackets or coast guard approved flotation devices when on, near, or around the lake area. You are responsible for the safety and well-being of all participants and children in your group. PLEASE NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED NEAR THE LAKE!! No lifeguard on duty- swim at your own risk. * Smoking-There is NO smoking allowed inside the cabins. Fees will be assessed if there is smoking in the cabins. * Stay out of the posted private area. * Stay on the existing trails with all vehicles, including motorcycles and four-wheelers. * On Departure-Leave the beds you used unmade. Put used towels into the bathroom tub or shower area. Please keep wet towels, rugs, and any wet items off wood floors. *Camp Jackson is approximately 18 miles from Blanding. It takes about 40 minutes to get there. Camp Jackson GPS coordinates are 37.48381°N 109.29859°W. The elevation is roughly 9,000 ft.