Apartments in Monterey for Rent
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Apartments in Monterey
Reviewed on Aug 10, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 25, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2020
Other property types in Monterey
Reviewed on Nov 25, 2020
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Reviewed on Nov 23, 2020
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
Reviewed on Nov 26, 2020
Staying in an Apartment in Monterey
There are 443 accommodation choices in Monterey, including a selection of apartments. While in the area, you might want to visit the must-see aquarium and bustling marina. Fisherman's Wharf and Monterey Bay Aquarium are top attractions worth a visit.
Why should you consider an apartment over a traditional hotel room? An apartment is often more spacious than a traditional hotel room and includes a kitchen, so you can have some home-cooked meals.
Here are some of the more popular Monterey apartments to choose from:
- In Pacific Grove
- Includes a living room and a fireplace
- A patio, a fireplace, and a dining area included
- Located in Carmel
- In Carmel
- Includes a patio and a living room
- A patio and a dining area included
- Located in Carmel Valley
- In Carmel Valley
- Includes a balcony and a living room
- Concierge services and a library on site
When is the Best Time to Visit Monterey?
Though weather is just one factor, it can impact your vacation, especially if you're planning for a longer stay. Since apartments often have more rigid cancellation policies, it might be good to familiarize yourself with these weather averages before you book.
- The hottest months are typically September and October, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 61° F and nighttime temperatures average 43° F
- April-June: 66° F is the daytime average and 46° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 70° F and nighttime averages are around 51° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 69° F during the day and 43° F at night
- Average rainfall is 20.47 inches in a year
Things to Do in Monterey
Travelers appreciate Monterey for its aquarium and marina. Family-friendly attractions include Monterey Bay Aquarium and Dennis the Menace Park, whereas Carmel Beach and Lone Cypress Pine are a couple of great spots to enjoy the outdoors. You can also visit some other popular places in town including Fisherman's Wharf and Maritime Museum.Monterey is also recognized for its:
- Whale watching
How to Get to Monterey and Around the Area
Fly into Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), which is located 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the heart of the city. Otherwise, look for flights into Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), which is 16.1 mi (26 km) away.
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salinas Station. You can explore water transportation options at the local marina.