Families will find kid-friendly activities in Monticello, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters and live music. A top sight in the city is Albertville Premium Outlets.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Monticello
- The closest major airport is in St. Cloud, MN (STC-St. Cloud Regional), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 36.8 mi (59.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monticello
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Albertville Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Whispering Pines Golf Course and Monticello Country Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Monticello. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Albertville, MN - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Best Western Chelsea Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking.
- America's Best Inn Annandale - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Getting Around Monticello
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Big Lake Station or Elk River Station. Monticello may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Monticello
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 2°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 4°F
- Average annual rainfall for Monticello is 30.02 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°F