Travelers to Minneapolis give high marks for the popular theater scene, fun sporting events, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its entertainment choices, lakeside, and bars. Top sights in the city include Target Center, Target Field, and Mill Ruins Park.
- You'll find 505 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Minneapolis - St. Paul
- The closest major airport is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Paul, MN (STP-St. Paul Downtown), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Minneapolis
Known for its theaters, live music, and opera, the city's cultural venues include Hennepin Center for the Arts, Skyway Theatre, and State Theatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Mill Ruins Park, Minnehaha Park, and Loring Park. Baseball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Target Center, Target Field, or U.S. Bank Stadium.
In Minneapolis, you'll be able to select from 161 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis University Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hewing Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Downtown Minneapolis can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Stay Alfred on Marquette Avenue - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Downtown Minneapolis can enjoy access to a fitness center and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its location.
Other top sights in Minneapolis include Basilica of Saint Mary. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Mall of America, 8.4 mi/13.6 km from the city center, and Xcel Energy Center, which is 8.6 mi/13.9 km away.
Getting Around Minneapolis
You can access metro transit at Nicollet Mall Station, Warehouse - Hennepin Station, and Government Plaza Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Minneapolis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 8°F
- Minneapolis gets about 30.63 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F