Visiting Moreno Valley
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Moreno Valley, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. Top sights around the area include March Field Air Museum and Citrus State Historic Park.
- You'll find 69 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Riverside
- The closest major airport is in San Bernardino, CA (SBD-San Bernardino Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ontario, CA (ONT-Los Angeles - Ontario Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moreno Valley
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Lake Perris and Box Springs Mountain Reserve Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are March Field Air Museum and March Air Reserve Base.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Moreno Valley. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ayres Hotel & Spa Moreno Valley - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Moreno Valley - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hotel XOLA Trademark Collection by Wyndham - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Citrus State Historic Park, located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center, and Ontario Mills Shopping Mall, which is 21.5 mi/34.6 km away.
Getting Around Moreno Valley
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Moreno Valley/March Field Station. Moreno Valley might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Moreno Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 0.39 inches of rain falls on Moreno Valley each year
- Usually July and September are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 43°F