Visiting National Harbor
Families will find kid-friendly activities in National Harbor, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, shopping, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Jefferson Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, and United States Capitol.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in National Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in National Harbor
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like National Children's Museum and Capital Children's Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunsets and Oxon Cove and Oxon Hill Farm National Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Awakening Sculpture and The Capital Wheel.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in National Harbor. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- MGM National Harbor Resort & Casino - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a casino, and 9 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC Area - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor - Alexandria Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Jefferson Memorial, located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center, and Arlington National Cemetery, which is 6.5 mi (10.5 km) away.
Dressing for National Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for National Harbor is 39.68 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F