Visiting Oxon Hill
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oxon Hill, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, lively bar scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, restaurants, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Jefferson Memorial, United States Capitol, and Washington Monument.
- You'll find 137 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of College Park
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oxon Hill
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like National Children's Museum and Capital Children's Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunsets and Oxon Cove and Oxon Hill Farm National Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Oxon Hill. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- MGM National Harbor Resort & Casino - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a casino, and 9 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC Area - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor - Alexandria Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Jefferson Memorial, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and United States Capitol, which is 6.1 mi/9.8 km away.
Dressing for Oxon Hill
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Oxon Hill gets about 39.68 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F