Visiting Neptune Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Neptune Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, and St. Johns Town Center.
- You'll find 785 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Neptune Beach
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Atlantic Village Shopping Center and Beaches Town Center. In the area, you'll also find Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art and Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Seahorse Oceanfront Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include St. Johns Town Center, located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the city center, and Big Talbot Island State Park, which is 11.4 mi/18.3 km away.
Dressing for Neptune Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Neptune Beach is 44.84 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F