Visiting Fernandina Beach
History buffs will enjoy exploring Fernandina Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Top sights around the area include Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay and Big Talbot Island State Park.
- You'll find 774 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 23.3 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fernandina Beach
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Fort Clinch State Park. The beaches, sunsets, and sunrises exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Peters Point Beach Front Park and American Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Blue Door Artists and Island Art Association Gallery.
In Fernandina Beach, you'll be able to select from 409 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Blue Heron Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Amelia Island features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Hoyt House Bed & Breakfast Inn - Our customers like the pool and central location at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Amelia Island can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Amelia Island Williams House - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Amelia Island features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, located 26.4 mi (42.4 km) from the city center, and Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, which is 10.3 mi (16.5 km) away.
Dressing for Fernandina Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fernandina Beach is 48.90 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F