Visiting Atlantic Beach
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Atlantic Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and spas. Top sights around the area include Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, and Big Talbot Island State Park.
- You'll find 772 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 18.3 mi (29.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Atlantic Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dutton Island Preserve, Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, and Timucuan Ecological & Historical Preserve. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Beaches Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art and Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Atlantic Beach. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Hotel Palms - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and 3 beach bars, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- One Ocean Resort & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville-Mayport/Beach - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Big Talbot Island State Park, 8.7 mi/14 km from the heart of the city, and St. Johns Town Center, which is 9.3 mi (14.9 km) away.
Dressing for Atlantic Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 76°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Atlantic Beach each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F