Visiting North Adams
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Adams, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its art, university setting, and restaurants.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in North Adams
- The closest major airport is in Pittsfield, MA (PSF-Pittsfield Municipal), 21 mi (33.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 35.7 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Adams
The city is well known for its art and museums, and Mass MoCA is a local cultural venue. The city's natural beauty is on display at Windsor Lake Park, Natural Bridge State Park, and Clarksburg State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North Adams Public Library and Western Gateway Heritage State Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in North Adams. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Porches Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Berkshires - Our customers like the pool and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Whitcomb Summit Retreat - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and comfortable beds.
Dressing for North Adams
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 15°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for North Adams is 46.57 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F