Visitors to Griswold are sure to enjoy the casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, live music, and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westerly, RI (WST-Westerly State), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Griswold
Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Hopeville Pond State Park and Preston Highway Park.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Griswold - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Griswold
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 48.43 inches of rain falls on Griswold each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F