Visiting Nuevo Vallarta
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Nuevo Vallarta, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Malecon, Bay of Banderas, and Las Caletas Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1382 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Puerto Vallarta
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco (PVR-Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Nuevo Vallarta
Families come for attractions such as Vallarta Adventures, Splash Water Park Vallarta, and Aquaventuras Park Vallarta. The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Nuevo Vallarta Beach and El Cora Crocodile Sanctuary. Dolphin watching is just one of the top activities, while Nayar Vidanta Golf and Flamingos Golf Club are sights to visit.
In Nuevo Vallarta, you'll be able to select from 158 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Virgilios - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit All Inclusive - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Suites Family Emotion by Marival Resort - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and 6 restaurants, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Malecon, located 6.8 mi (11 km) from the heart of the city, and Bay of Banderas, which is 3.8 mi (6.1 km) away.
Dressing for Nuevo Vallarta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 69°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Nuevo Vallarta each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are March and April with an average of 66°F