Visiting Ongata Rongai
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Ongata Rongai has to offer. A top sight in the area is Moi International Sports Centre.
- You'll find 453 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nairobi
- The closest major airport is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson), 7.4 mi (12 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ongata Rongai
Moi International Sports Centre is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find AFEW Giraffe Centre and Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Ongata Rongai. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Siron Place Hotel is located in central Ongata Rongai. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ongata Rongai can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Osoita Lodge is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center. This 3-star lodge in Ongata Rongai features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Stedmak Suites is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ongata Rongai can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Ongata Rongai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 54°F at night
- Ongata Rongai gets about 37.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 52°F