Visiting Outer Banks
Travelers to Outer Banks give high marks for the beaches and important monuments. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Wright Brothers National Memorial, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and Sandbridge Beach.
- There are 2598 hotels and other accommodations in Outer Banks
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Outer Banks
Cultural venues in the city include Whalehead, Seaside Art Gallery, and Hemingway Gallery. Attractions like North Carolina Aquarium at Roanoke Island, Rodanthe Pier, and Destination Fun are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Wright Brothers National Memorial, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, and Currituck Beach Lighthouse.
In Outer Banks, you'll find 2598 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Roanoke Island Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- White Doe Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Ocracoke Harbor Inn - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Outer Banks include Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Sandbridge Beach, and Jennette's Pier.
Dressing for Outer Banks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 53.39 inches of rain falls on Outer Banks each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 32°F