Visitors to Wanchese are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Wright Brothers National Memorial.
- There are 562 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 5.4 mi (8.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wanchese
A favorite place to visit in the city is Roanoke Island. Additionally, you'll find Wright Brothers National Memorial in the area.
Here's a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Island House of Wanchese - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Wanchese
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Wanchese gets about 49.96 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F