Visiting Pender Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Pender Island has to offer including the waterfront, wineries, and forests. A top sight in the area is Butchart Gardens.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Pender Island
- The closest major airport is in Bedwell Harbour, BC (YBW-Bedwell Harbour Seaplane Base), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saturna Island, BC (YAJ-Lyall Harbour Seaplane Base), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pender Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include Browning Harbour Marina, Sea Star Vineyard, and Driftwood Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pender Island Museum and Otter Bay Marina.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Pender Island. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Salmonberry Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Poets Cove Resort & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Butchart Gardens, 17 mi/27.3 km from the city center.
Dressing for Pender Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- Pender Island gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F