Families will find kid-friendly activities in Pleasanton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Great Mall of the Bay Area, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, and Oracle Arena.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Pleasanton
- The closest major airport is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pleasanton
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Tommy T's Comedy House. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Stoneridge Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pleasanton Golf Center and Alameda County Fairgrounds.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Pleasanton. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Rose Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- HYATT house Pleasanton - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Courtyard by Marriott Pleasanton - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Great Mall of the Bay Area, located 17.1 mi (27.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, which is 18.7 mi/30.2 km away.
Getting Around Pleasanton
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Pleasanton is a breeze. Local metro stations include Dublin-Pleasanton BART Station and West Dublin-Pleasanton Station. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Pleasanton Station.
Dressing for Pleasanton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Pleasanton gets about 15.28 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F