Families will find kid-friendly activities in Livermore, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries, shopping, and theaters.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Livermore
- The closest major airport is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Livermore
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Boomers Fun Park is a favorite for retail therapy. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Hidden Creek Wine, Rodrigue-Molyneaux Winery, and Concannon Vineyard are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are La Rochelle Winery and Boomers.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Livermore. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Purple Orchid Wine Country Resort & Spa - This 4-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Livermore - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Livermore - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Getting Around Livermore
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Vasco Station. Livermore may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Livermore
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 14.72 inches of rain falls on Livermore each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F