Find Motels in Portage
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in Portage
Other property types in Portage
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Reviewed on Jul 8, 2020
Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area
Reviewed on Jul 7, 2020
Days Inn by Wyndham Portage
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
Portage Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Wisconsin Dells area, you'll find 28 low-cost motels among more than 347 hotels and other accommodations. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Portage. Not-to-be-missed sights include Cascade Mountain Ski Area in Portage, as well as Noah's Ark Waterpark and Devil's Head Ski Resort in the area.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you'll often find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below you'll find some of our customers’ favorite motels to book in the larger area:
- If driving, you'll be within 14 minutes of Cascade Mountain Ski Area.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- An outdoor pool and an indoor pool are available during your stay, along with room amenities like free WiFi.
- Central Portage is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, outdoor pool, and indoor pool.
- Located 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the heart of Portage
- Central Portage is 17 mi (27.3 km) away
- Coffee in the lobby along with freebies like WiFi, parking, and a casino shuttle are available during your stay.
- 17.2 mi (27.8 km) from the heart of Portage
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and a casino shuttle.
What to Do in PortageTake time to check out the shops and waterparks in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Those visiting Portage have good things to say about its waterfalls, mountain landscape, and restaurants.
Here are favorite places in and around Portage:
- Cascade Mountain Ski Area
- Noah's Ark Waterpark
- Devil's Head Ski Resort
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Swan Lake
- John Muir Memorial County Park
- Parfrey's Glen State Natural Area
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Top Secret
- Wizard Quest
- Wisconsin Deer Park
Best Time to Visit PortageDetermine the perfect time for your visit to Portage by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 8° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 41° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 9° F at night
- Average rainfall is 36.02 inches in a year
How to Get to Portage and Around the Area
|Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional)||Airport||28.4 mi (45.7 km)|
|Portage Station||Train Station||0.6 mi (1 km)|