Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Portage, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping, restaurants, and water parks. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its waterfalls.
- You'll find 234 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wisconsin Dells
- The closest major airport is in Madison, WI (MSN-Dane County Regional), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Portage
Favorite places to visit in the city include Museum at the Portage, Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters, and Historic Indian Agency House. Additionally, you might want to add Cascade Mountain Ski Area to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Portage. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area - This 2.5-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Portage - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
Getting Around Portage
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Portage Station. Portage might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Portage
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- Portage gets about 36.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F