Visiting Rancho Santa Fe
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rancho Santa Fe, and visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and tucked away, this city attracts tourists with its beaches and spas. Top sights around the area include Legoland California, La Jolla Cove, and SeaWorld.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Rancho Santa Fe
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 15.1 mi (24.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rancho Santa Fe
Legoland California, La Jolla Cove, and SeaWorld are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Carlsbad Premium Outlets and San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Rancho Santa Fe. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- The Inn At Rancho Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds.
- Morgan Run Resort - Rancho Santa Fe / Del Mar - This 3.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Popular places to visit in the area include Qualcomm Stadium, located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Mission Beach, which is 17.6 mi (28.3 km) away.
Dressing for Rancho Santa Fe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.35 inches of rain falls on Rancho Santa Fe each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F